Find out how to leverage LinkedIn at their Empire State Building Office on May 3rd!! This event produced by the National Sales Network, NJ/NY will provide the opportunities to learn how to Get What You Want! PLUS!!!, I'll also be speaking on the Benefits of Professional Social Media Headshots! AND!!!! the first 20 people will receive a complimentary portrait by me to Add to Your LinkedIn Profile! Join us this Thursday at the Empire State Building! Register and arrive early! https://lnkd.in/dNyMwrF
My team and I will be covering the Leadership Newark 20th Anniversary Celebration!!! I'm a PROUD Alumni and VERY excited to be among the greatest who have completed this 2-year program over the 20 years under the leadership of Celia King!
Can't wait to capture the energy, excitement, reunion of friends and colleagues and more!! Yes, PORTRAITS allows me to connect with folks one-on-one to produce power statement images for their business but I LOVE capturing EVENTS too! It's a perfect chance to archive unforgettable moments and capture usable images for their future marketing needs.
On a personal note, it's a booster for me too! A natural shy gal at heart, me attending as a guest would be slightly intimidating (I know I'm not the only one right??) but me shooting the event!!!, I am all over the place. My reservation turns into boldness and my focus is to capture everyone as the VIP's they are!! See you at the Avenue A Club!! #LeadershipNewark #LNAlumni #EventPhotography #MarketingImages #CaptureTheMoments #Shoottouse #CeliaKingIsAMAZING
Our gatherings as friends over the years have always been festive! Filled with love and laughter. Ushering in the fall, celebrating Kwanzaa - there was sun, water, travel, laughter,drinks, food, music, laughter and more and more laughter.
Yesterday we had a different kind of celebration but we cried. We're still crying. 😢Yesterday, we gathered in a different setting and for a different reason. This one to honor the AMAZING life of a dynamic woman, Carol aka Dr.D. 🙏🏽
She allowed me to photograph her for images she needed for business. We has lots of great shots but no doubt there would have been many more if we weren't laughing so much!!🤣❤️ 🤪
I was honored to be taken to the side by her better half to learn how much she loved one image in particular. That truly warmed my heart and soul. We all have gifts and are beautiful and I'm thankful to God that he still continues to use me as a vessel to capture others and their gifts and beauty. Thank you God.🙏🏽🙏🏽
Her smile and energy would light a room. I will certainly miss that.😌
We speak your name!!
About two weeks ago in Newark, nearly 450 women attended the SOLD OUT - Win, Rock & Rule event with the F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S, Dee Marshall. An event sponsored by Prudential, RWJBarnabas, L3 Technologies and Dfree!!
Many of you attended and took advantage of the pre-event career service offerings such as Business Coaching, Resume Reviews & Complimentary portraits by ME!! I aimed to photograph at least 25 people but pushed forward (I just couldn't turn anyone away) and produced 59 images for the AMAZINGLY, beautiful, driven, focused and powerful women who needed to update their headshots! Go y'all!! 🙂
I was in the zone and enjoyed every bit of the 2 (YES 2) minutes I had with each person!! These ladies came ready & NAILED IT!! They are now #MEDIAREADY and can send a photo to meet ANY deadline 🙂 (Don't get ready, be ready)
They were committed to getting the pics and I was committed to capturing them! One lady.. "Gurl, all I know is I was NOT getting out of that line for nothing! I was making sure you took my picture! LOL"
Check out a select few folks we featured!!!!! They look awesome right!?
Guess what! I can produce this experience and service to your corporate & business team/network too!! ASK ME HOW!!
Assistants: My awesome cousin, Char Brown and Tisha!! Thank you guys!!
I’m loving the awesome questions I’m getting behind the scenes regarding headshots at the SOLD OUT Win, Rock & Rule event next week. The other day, I published 10 tips for nailing your headshots at the event. I hope you took a moment to review it so you’re well prepared! This post is for those who need a reality check :-) Read it and have a good laugh!
1. Your current headshot was taken with a Polaroid camera. If it’s been that long sweetie, it’s time to update your headshot. Push aside your fear of the camera and let your best self shine through!
2. Your headshot is your senior high school photo. Well, it may be mom approved but honestly speaking, it has served its time. When putting your personal belongings in your purse, put your confidence in there as well and show up and show out!
3. You submit selfies as headshots. I love a good selfie, even if it takes 40 minutes to get the perfect one BUT, it’s not something that works for you and your career. Cute for social media fun posts, but not for the dynamic takeover you’re working towards!
4. You look different, like um 20+ years different. You still get compliments on that one photo you ALWAYS use but people are talking! They’re probably trying to send a hint. Let them know you got it and arrive on set ready to #SLAY!
5. Your Uncle Cornbread, the one that just got a new camera, took your headshot. We love family members that know how to point-and-shoot. I get it, they’re familiar, it’s free and it didn’t come out all that bad. NOT! You’re better than this. Own up to the world domination you’re aiming for and get that professional, clean and contemporary shot you deserve!
6. They walk past you at the event you’re Key Note Speaker for. That’s because they didn’t notice you! If you look very different from your current headshot, the one you took when you were 20lbs lighter or heavier or your hair was black, now it’s blonde or you decided to go natural. It’s time!
7. You cringe after seeing they used a pic of you found on Google. People don’t like to wait until you get your photos and bios together. Especially journalist and designers. They’ll just Google you and post anything they can get their hands on. Even that one picture you could have sworn you deleted. Don’t let that happen to you. Simply put, Be Media Ready!
8. You read somewhere that bathroom lighting is best. All I can say to that is NO. Just show up and let’s get some real flattering lighting. You’ll thank me later.
9. You submit the candid your friend took of you at the party. Your friend caught you off guard. Your smile was genuine and carefree. It’s a nice image of you but DON’T even think about submitting it to the journal you’re going to be featured in! Oops! I should have published this article sooner huh? “Ms. I have my stuff together, it’s time for an official publicity photo! Call me!!” – Tamara Fleming Photography
HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS. HAPPY FRIDAY!
See you all on Tuesday!!!
We're so excited to see you next week at the Win, Rock & Rule event created by our fearless and absolutely beautiful leader, Dee C. Marshall. If you’ve never attended this event, please be prepared to walk into a room of pure greatness!!
Come early to receive resume critiques (bring your most up-to-date resume); professional coaching (share what big goals you have in mind); and professional business headshots by yours truly! I’ve created a few tips below for you to WIN, ROCK & RULE your HEADSHOTS!!!
TIPS TO NAIL YOUR HEADSHOTS AT WIN, ROCK & RULE!
- Don’t Get Ready, Be Ready! - You’ll have about 5-10 minutes with me at the event. That doesn’t seem like a lot of time but if you’re well prepared, you’ll step on set ready to shine. Take a moment to look at this curated board I created for you. It’s packed with things like what colors work best for you, makeup tips and more!
- Decide what to wear – Think about clothing that you can rock for the shoot but also clothing that will allow you to be comfortable while networking. Wear something that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Choose clothing that expresses your personality, either through the color or pattern, and find styles that complement your brand story.
- While you're at it, create content - This day is magical! Make sure to incorporate creating content that you can use for your social media postings that day and in the future! While in front of the camera, create of boomerang of you on set!
- Be Yourself – I’m the shyest person I know! If it wasn’t for photography, I wouldn’t be as vocal as I am now and I get it! Sometimes we let our inner doubts and criticism sabotage our efforts. Being in front of the camera brings a lot of questions and concerns but I urge you to own your greatness. Instead of asking a question, MAKE A STATEMENT! And it all starts with being YOURSELF! Do that, and you’ll crush it!
- Pick Your Pic –You have just a few moments to review and pick your straight-out-of-camera portrait. Provide your email and your image will be mailed to you immediately! We’re also offering industry standard retouching of any headshot you select for an additional charge. That image will be delivered separately. See retouching rates on site.
Bottom line! We live in a visual world. You simply must have a photo these days to connect with your audience. Yes, people look at logos for branding but they also look for photos of who’s behind the brand and that’s who they want to connect with, not your logo but YOU!
See you on set at the pre-event!!
It's just two days away!! Join us, the Women's Committee of Link in our Annual Benefit Breakfast this Friday!! I'll be conducting an informative, fun, interactive workshop that dives into how women and girls are portrayed in the media and you'll have the opportunity to rewrite the script!! Registration and breakfast begins at 9am. The program runs till 11:30! #WomenandGirls #Empowerment #RewritetheScript #ChangetheNarrative #WomensHistoryMonth #SupportGirls #BetheChangeYouWanttoSee
Happy BEARTHday to such a #crazy #sexy #cool #dope ass #creative woman who is celebrating her 38th born day today. We literally had 20 minutes to create a small series of bday images and it was nailed! This shot and her previous post in her birthdaysuit featuring boots and how she arrived in the world 38 Years ago today - Perfect! Clapping it up to another year of awesomeness for this rare gem!! Styled by:@saw08Designer:@hermagod.labelphotographer:@iamtamarafleming
Professional women, business women! Register now for #WinRockRule 3/28/18 http://bit.ly/WRR_2018. Register early and then arrive early for the Win Rock & Rule "pre-event" which offers Complimentary Coaching, Resume Critique & Professional Headshots by me!. Limited space availability on first-come basis at no additional cost to you. Use Discount Code FLEMING18 Please share out!! #SmallBusiness #PowerNetworking #Tribe #AllRise
Professional women, business women register now for #WinRockRule #AllRise 3/28/18 http://bit.ly/WRR_2018. Register early and then arrive early for the Win Rock & Rule "pre-event" which offers Complimentary Coaching, Resume Critique & Professional Headshots by me! Limited space availability on first-come basis at no additional cost to you.
Use Discount Code: Fleming18
It’s time for a new selfie, this one was four years ago. Today I got more wrinkles but thank God it’s mostly laughs lines! 😁😁Instead of fearing the aging process, I’ll glow in the glory of acquiring wisdom, developing strong relationships, giving and receiving love from friends and family, vision, creativity and being here to experience it all!! Besides, why fuss about a wrinkle and getting older as long as your light is good, you’re great!! May we all find the best light! #studioselfie #loveyouryou#embracechange #lightlovelaughter#picoftheday #iamart #melanin #tbpost#photoarchiving
You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead. - George Lucas --------
It's important for entrepreneurs to remember that In the midst of NO's, we must still stay focused on the bigger picture. Keep forging ahead on your marketing goals to elevate your business and trust that others are watching and rooting for your success. - Tamara
Loved this share from my #headshot client Nicolette Lynch. I initially met her last year and photographed her for stock photos. She quickly became a young person that I truly admired. Her determination and focus is unbelievable! She really knows how to turn a setback into an opportunity to step up!! Keep your eyes peeled for this rising star!!
The sheer dedication and focus it takes to be an entrepreneur should be wildly and repeatedly, respected and acknowledged. We take our dreams and turn it into something and if and when that something fails, we get up and do it all over again. It is not easy to go against the grain to carve your own destiny but what is worse than not pushing past your fears to follow your dreams is having regrets & nightmares because you didn't. - Tamara Fleming. My camera on #smallbusinessowner@anecessarystyle #forwardever#newarkphotographer #supportlocal#smallbusinessowner #fashion#lifestylebrand #decor#newarksmallbusiness #buylocal#buyhiresupportlocal #stylist #art #pushUP#pressforward #artheals #artsavesme#collaboration #photooftheday #image#portraitphotography #naturallight
It's a great day for new corporate portraits!! #Panasonic all the way!! What a great team of people over there!!❤️❤️❤️❤️ I love coaching #CsuiteExecutives, making them laugh but also capture images that compliment their #drive and focus. Nothing better than being ready with all images on deck for #mediainquiries#speakingengagements and #honoreesubmissions #portraits photo assistant: @nikkiniksosweet
I truly have THE BEST CLIENTS!! Simply put, when we work together, there is so much thought and detail that goes into the planning session of the shoot so we both come out knowing that our goals have been met or better yet, surpassed!!!!
I take my over 12 years expertise of owning a marketing agency (FEMWORKS), coupled with my background of working for a PR and media distribution agency to merge in what to shoot and how to use the images that the media and your followers will love you for!
Under tight deadlines, being Media ready can be all the difference between you being featured in the next run or NOT!! Being ready for your BIG opportunity is what you've worked so hard for right? #GoHardorGoHOME
Don't be THAT desperate, frantic person that calls up anyone with a camera to take a "couple of photos" because you were waiting and waiting for the right time and the deadline came.
Don't be that person that submits a 5-10 year old photo of yourself. #PearlsClutched Be up-to-date and relevant!! You know you don't look like that anymore!! wink wink!!
Creating your brand is a process and should never be rushed. Know your audience, know your message, craft your bio, design your logo, customize your images and create your Brand!!!
Your time is NOW, the best time to act is NOW, doing anything else may actually mean that you're putting it off, aka procrastinating, aka, not thinking you're ready for that much exposure! and it could mean that you're letting FEAR WIN!!
I KNOW you're far too FABULOUS to let that happen aren't you??!! I mean YOU, just like ME.. we're working to reach our goals, overcome adversity and creating legacies and movements right!??
Life is short!
Did you know that over 93 million selfies are taken worldwide each day! that is a large number and it’s not just millennials either. It’s a consistent trend now where folks are taking a moment to “Selfie”. I’ve had my own issues with selfies in the past so I don’t take that many. I personally find it odd when I see my reverse reflection. I haven’t mastered where to look on the camera phone and on top of that, the lighting is always a challenge.
OH NO! NOT THE BATHROOM
Most selfies are taken in the bathroom because people figure the lighting is a bit better. That may be fine and well for a single selfie but I urge you to NOT take bathroom selfies OR if you do, look for solid walls that can act as a background. You won’t believe how many selfies are taken with toilets in the background. #Notcool. My tip, look for a solid wall if you simply MUST take one in the bathroom. About all else, no matter the lighting... DO NOT USE A SELFIE FOR LINKED IN PROFILE!!
A BETTER WAY TO GET THAT SELFIE!
My main go to for producing great lighting with selfies either solo or in a group is to use the FlashLight Ap. It can turn bad, low or no light into (SEMI) PERFECT lighting in no time! Simply have a friend hold the light at a 45-degree angle on either your left or right side and that light alone will enhance your selfies from here on out!! Give it a Try!!